|Version 1 (modified by trac, 10 years ago) (diff)|
Tracd is a lightweight stand-alone Trac server. In most cases it's easier to setup and runs faster than trac.cgi.
Note: tracd is still experimental.
- Fewer dependencies: You don't need to install apache or any other web-server.
- Fast: Should be as fast as the ModPython? version (much faster than the cgi).
- Less features: Tracd implements a very simple web-server and is not as configurable as apache.
- Only htdigest authentication: Tracd can currently only authenticate users against apache-htdigest files.
- No native https support: sslwrap can be used instead.
A single project on port 8080. (http://localhost:8080/)
$ tracd -p 8080 /path/to/project
$ tracd -p 8080 /path/to/project1 /path/to/project2
With htdigest authentication. The file /tmp/users.htdigest contain user accounts for project1 with the realm "mycompany.com".
$ tracd -p 8080 --auth project1,/tmp/users.htdigest,mycompany.com /path/to/project1