Opened 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

#1551 new Defect

[incompatible encoding] on blank lines

Reported by: daniel@… Owned by: timothy
Component: Colloquy (Mac) Version: 2.2 (Mac)
Severity: Normal Keywords: [incompatible encoding]


It appears when receiving blank messages, Colloquy displays the text [incompatible encoding]. I have changed the encoding for both the channel and the server from UTF-8 to Latin-1 with no change in the issue.

I took two screenshots of the issue. Colloquy is on the left of both images, with another IRC client on the right.

In the first picture, it appears that Colloquy took two blank lines and only put out one [incompatible encoding] message.

I have only seen this on a automated help channel that echos out a .txt file, this only appears to be connected to blank messages coming through.

Change History (1)

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by everythingdaniel

Some additional info....

I now know this error does not occur with white space characters. I took the transcript that causes the error and tried to reproduce the error with no luck. I also tried to copy in some of the "Whitespace" programing language with no error.

It still must be blank messages.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.